Peira is looking for an entrepreneurial electromechanical design engineer. He will be responsible for supporting, participating in and implementing service and project assignments.
Areas of responsibility :
- Responsible for the mechanical design, validation and documentation of new systems or subsystems for scientific instruments and accessories (for example test tube holders), with the researcher’s needs as starting point.
- Selection, specification and documentation of the components that have to be integrated in the proposed design.
- Frequent contact with the customer (researchers) and technical negotiations with your suppliers.
- Participation in the installation and testing of the new equipment/apparatus at the customer’s premises.
- You will be based in Belgium, but with sporadic international exposure related to installations, startups or specific customer contacts.
- Continuous improvement oriented with respect to design methodologies and new technological processes.
- Reports to Senior Management.
Skills, competences, education:
- Master preferably with a minimum of 5 years working experience in similar markets.
- Experienced Solid Works user or eager to learn.
- Knowledgeable, experienced or interested in at least one of the following competences-areas:
- ICT – PLC – LabView
- Vision ( Macro ) (Photonics) (Optics)
- Motion control ( Mechatronics)
- Languages : Dutch, English, (French), (German)